For my project development studio final I would like to have a finished work, ready for installation in a gallery-type setting. What still needs to be done between now and the final:
- incorporate responsive audio
- this includes composing a piece of music
- finish building the mirrored box to surround the screen
- continue experimenting with different stereoscopic imagery and user-testing to see what works best
- modify the tile-image generation so that its not based on pure static but has some more organic quality to it
I plan on presenting the piece in the ITP Spring show, and as such, I will be taking into consideration this setting for the piece. This would include the following elements:
- Being that it will likely be present in a busy, crowded hallway, with many people coming through, I plan on adding a reactive element to the piece. Using a camera, or proximity-sensor, the screen will respond with a subtle flash/glow or commotion of some kind, to attract the attention of people as they pass by. This may also be reiterated through audio.
- Since it will be pretty loud, I may find it necessary to add headphones to the piece, turn-up the volume, or use directional speakers to help focus the sound on the individual standing in front of the piece.